Our DNA banking service provides organizations and private individuals with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that their DNA samples are stored in a safe and highly secured environment. Banked DNA may be used for future DNA tests, for example:
- To protect against illegitimate claims on an individual’s estate
- To assist with the identification of missing persons or give clues about the trail of a missing loved one
- To provide a standard for comparison and identification of people in high-risk professions, such as men and women in the military, law enforcement personnel, firefighters, and overseas contractors
- To identify inherited traits, such as genetic diseases and other physical characteristics
- Stored DNA provides a genetic history that will become vitally important as the genomic puzzle is completed. DNA from an elderly parent could one day provide clues about inherited diseases and other genetic issues. Some day very soon, this type of family tree knowledge could prove lifesaving.
- DNA Banking Only
We will store your DNA sample in our safe, secure facility for 15 years. A banking certificate, stating the storage period and the names of persons you authorize to retrieve or use your samples, will be provided.
We will set up a DNA collection appointment at a hospital or laboratory near you. Samples need to be collected in compliance with the Chain of Custody documentation process. This ensures that the results of any future DNA testing on the stored DNA are acceptable to courts and other government agencies.
The DNA banking fee is $185. This fee includes sample collection, verification of DNA presence in the sample, and storage for 15 years.
| DNA Banking Only